Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Senior Surface Modeller
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-11-19
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Engineering Leader / Engineering Manager
- Working with the assigned Design Group Leader and Mold Designer using NX11 software to develop 3D solid model tool designs to manufacture plastic injection molds
- For complex tools, designs the parting line (split) of the mold and all related mechanisms, inserts, runners and gates
- For smaller projects, completes the entire mold design
- Co-ordinates with the Program Manager to assist our customers in the development of the part model
- Produces feasibility reports once the part model analysis is complete
- Designs to internal standards for “Design for Manufacturability” and contributes towards development of new “Lean Manufacturing” methods
- Coordinates with the design team to complete the design within the job’s milestones and within budget.
- Mentors junior staff
- Above average technical aptitude and knowledge of mold design
- High standard of professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for one’s work
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability
- Demonstrated results-driven detail oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork
- 10 years’ experience required
- Education in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree) considered an asset
- Preferred experience in plastics or injection mold industry with 2 shot rotary mold exposure.
- NX experience considered and asset
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.