Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Mold Maker Lead Hand
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-10-13
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Mold Maker Group Leader
- Work in conjunction with the Mold Maker Group Leader to ensure task completion on group mold build projects.
- Progress all mold making activities including assembly, manual machining, troubleshooting, plumbing, wiring, spotting, and handwork with little to no supervision.
- Plan daily activities with the ability to plan ahead and help set team objectives.
- Mentor junior tool makers and apprentices to develop their abilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge on the customer and commodity for specific builds.
- Update the schedule as required.
- Assume the Group Leader’s role overseeing all of the group’s activities when the leader is unavailable.
- Complete other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Must be a certified mold maker with +5 years experience.
- Capable of leading the day to day operations of several tool builds simultaneously.
- Strong technical skills
- Accountable for quality and timing
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for product shipped out the door
- Strong communication skills
- Developed conflict management skills
- Ability to direct and work with others and exhibit a team approach
- Results driven
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Able to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.