Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Quality Assurance Manager
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-09-29
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager role is an exciting opportunity to interact and impact change and improvement in all departments of our organization. The QA Manager will act as the Voice of the Customer through the organization as it relates to quality. The QA Manager will oversee the activity of the CMM group, along with developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality throughout the value chain of the organization. Through development and management of KPIs this role will work collaboratively with the management team to drive quality in all aspects of the operation. This role will also support customer meetings that relate to audits and quality related concerns.
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Plant Production Quality Assurance activities and strategies across projects/departments to meet company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead the day-to-day production operations of the CMM group in support of 100% CMM measurement of molds prior to first try-out.
- Provide technical support for CMM group in measurement of core / cavity / mechanism strategies to supply value-added information to internal/external customers.
- Monitor and adjust Quality Assurance activities as needed, perform process audit reviews, provide feedback to the team and coach/mentor team members to implement change.
- Create and provide metrics and reports to management, escalate QA concerns and overdue non-conformances.
- Attend customer meetings (i.e. Quality Audits) to support our customer in meeting their requirements.
- Consult with customers to understand and analyze their requirements, time and projected benefits with respect to Quality Assurance activities.
- Attend management meetings to support large Quality Assurance initiatives.
- Foster an environment conducive to learning and skill development.
- Manage the CMM team to ensure task completion and quality of work.
- Adjust work process when necessary to meet production schedules and optimize work flow through the CMM department, ensuring sufficient resources are available to complete tasks in the time frame required.
- Work with other departments to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and to the desired level of quality.
- Interacting with Customers and all other departments on QC related matters.
- Promote and drive quality processes across departments.
- Provide problem solving expertise and leading through excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Representing the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to departmental teams.
- 10+ years in the Quality Management of complex manufacturing environments with cross-functional experience related to Engineering, Machining and Complex Assembly disciplines.
- Have a strong understanding and experience in the use of problem-solving tools (5-Why/8-D).
- Exhibit a willingness to do things differently and translate ideas into action.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for their work
- An understanding of engineering drawings and GD&T
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Moderate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to direct and influence team members without direct authority.
- Have an understanding of industry standards for coordinate metrology.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.