Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Engineering Design Leader / Mold Designer
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-09-13
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Leads Engineering group of 6-10 Mold Designers and Surface Modelers as well as completing designs
- Ability to lead and complete mold design elements from part feasibility/preliminary design all the way through to final design.
- Use strong analytical skills and system focus to create continuous improvement initiatives and design process improvements.
- Attend and lead internal and customer design reviews.
- Attend post tryout meetings and assist the production team in trouble shooting mold issues and quality problems.
- Review and advise on part feasibility studies on new and existing projects as required
- Assists in leading the Mold Flow Analysis stage
- Review designs for quality and accuracy as well as improvement suggestions for optimal molding conditions.
- Coordinates with the design team to complete the design within the job’s milestones and within budget.
- Co-ordinates with the Engineering Manager for additional resources in peak workload times
- Works closely with program manager on all aspects relating to the part data and mold design through the mold design/build process.
- Mentor Senior and Junior level staff.
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of technical aptitude and knowledge of mold design
- High standard of professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for one’s work
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability
- Demonstrated results-driven approach
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork
- 10+ years of experience required
- Education in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree) considered an asset
- Preferred experience in plastics or injection mold industry with 2 shot rotary mold exposure.
- NX software experience considered an asset but willing to train
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.