Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Deskside Support Technician
Division: Central Services | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Group
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-08-25
The Windsor Mold Group is currently seeking an experienced Deskside Support Technician supporting locations in Windsor. The home office for this position is located in Windsor, ON.
The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Infrastructure Supervisor
- Responsible for deskside support of the manufacturing operations across multiple plants.
- Assist in providing Level I and Level II support for users and clients
- Educate and train end users on a variety of technologies
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician at all times to improve Incident Management
- Build rapport with business stakeholders, clients, and IS members
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting (Solar Winds, SCCM)
- Monitoring of managed Enterprise Wi-Fi systems.
- Troubleshooting connectivity and performance for end points
- Evaluates printer performance and performs maintenance and repairs
- Strong understand of security systems, monitoring, and audio visual systems
- Maintains PC asset inventory and ServiceNow knowledge base for common problems
- Record, track, and document the Service Desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Manages deployment and configuration of end points and peripherals while updating asset records accordingly
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations
- Understanding and maintaining active directory structure
- Consistently contribute to knowledgebase with a strong desire to eliminate technical debt
- Scripting, VMWare, and CISCO VoIP is an asset
- Education – A college diploma or bachelor\\\'s degree in business or a computer related discipline is recommended, with concurrent options in either discipline. Training or experience in customer support, and/or customer service relationship management.
- Experience – A minimum of one 2-5 years demonstrated experience in an Infrastructure / Desk Side Support environment, preferably related to or involving computers running Windows OS, and Microsoft Office. Demonstrated experience in providing individualized service to clients, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task, while maintaining a high level of accuracy in details. The candidate is required to be fluent in English but Spanish is considered an asset.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.