Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Saline
Location: Saline, Michigan, US | Posted Date: 2021-08-06
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: ACD Tooling Engineer Manager
- Leads process development functions as required throughout program development phase
- Supports Program Management, manufacturing and quality functions through milestone events as required
- Interfaces with the Estimating and Advanced Engineering team for process engineering feasibility
- Interfaces with Product Engineering team for process engineering feasibility
- Interfaces with Tooling Engineering team for problem solving activities on new tooling in order to achieve stable and repeatable molding processes
- Coordinates mold flow analysis for new product development
- Calculates critical processing parameters for new products including residence time, tonnage, barrel and screw compatibility and drying requirements
- Leads Material Engineering activities. Knowledge of resin morphology, fillers, additives and physical properties is required
- Troubleshoot chronic production processing issues as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Engineering Degree/diploma
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in molding operation or a combination of a minimum of five (5) years of formal technical education and molding experience.
- Tool Design/build experience required
- Strong injection molding processing background.
- Experience in conducting and reporting trial events (Design of Experiment (DOE) preferred)
- Above average computer and communication skills.
- Formal knowledge of Mold Flow Analysis.
- Formal knowledge of Scientific Molding concepts
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.