Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-07-08
Windsor Mold Group (WMG) supplies world class injected molded products, tooling and services to domestic and international customers.
WMG is comprised of two primary divisions. The Tooling Division provides quality tooling solutions for automotive plastics applications, while the Automotive Components Division is a full-service supplier of injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions to the automotive market.
Through investment in research, people, process development and technology, the Windsor Mold Group of companies provides technology-driven solutions for complex applications to the global market.
Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. WMG offers competitive salaries, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more! We are a people-centric organization going on 50 years in business, and looking for a dynamic leader to join our team and lead our Tooling Division.
The General Manager is responsible for providing leadership and vision to the Tooling Division of the company through the development and execution of strategic plans and direction that will enhance the effectiveness and profitability of two plastic injection mold manufacturing facilities and supporting functions. The role is based in Windsor, Ontario at the headquarters of our Tooling Division operations. If you are a dynamic leader looking for a new and exciting challenge, we would like to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the profit/loss accountability of the division based on budgets and forecasts.
- Provides strategic direction and management of two manufacturing facilities including sales, finance, human resources, engineering, manufacturing, quality and all other supporting functions.
- Develops and manages the operational budget for the division and reviews operational metrics and performance to budget. Directs the company operations to meet annual operational and financial goals.
- Provides leadership and decision making on all business and operational issues.
- Participates in customer discussions on matters elevated from either sales or operations.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of market activity relative to current and future sales to assess equipment, operational capacity and growth opportunities.
- Ensures excellence in customer product and service delivery by all departments, by ensuring that proper operational structures and staffing are in place, that employees are properly trained and by providing guidance / mentorship and direction to the leadership team.
- Provides focus and leadership on a robust people strategy at all levels of the division including talent attraction, retention, performance management, succession planning, and employee training and development.
- Drives a culture of operational excellence and is engaged in continuous improvement in all aspects of the business and operations.
- Leads best practice implementation across engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Optimizes operational effectiveness by promoting and enforcing lean manufacturing principles including production planning, inventory control, workflow and staffing.
- Evaluates the performance of direct reports and provides timely and constructive feedback to them on their department or facility operations.
- Promotes and ensures positive relations with employees, customers and vendors.
- Develops and leads strategic initiatives, including planning and strategy around investment, systems, technology and innovation.
- Verifies and ensures that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Acts in compliance with the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures including any applicable legislation
- University Degree in Engineering or Business
- Ten+ years in a senior management capacity in the automotive or manufacturing industry including plant or operations management experience. Plastic injection mold experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate, engage and develop talent.
- Dynamic leadership capability
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.