Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Central Services | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Group
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-06-22
Windsor Mold Group is currently seeking an experienced Network Administrator. The Network Administrator is responsible for the maintenance and support of the LAN, WAN, and Internet networks providing TCP/IP capabilities within and interfacing to WMG facilities and Points-of Presence (POPs). This includes the routing and switching layers commonly found in the OSI model and related hardware and firmware configurations supporting switches, routers, firewalls and VOIP systems. The Network Administrator will be a subject matter expert in TCP/IP network technologies, utilizing both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, VOIP and network security protocols such as SSH, TLS, VPN and end-to-end encryption for transaction services. The Administrator will advise on network performance and will proactively work to enhance stability and performance. They will also be responsible for the network technology roadmap, and for helping to implement updates, updates and new technology through standards based change management procedures. The Network Administrator will also have secondary responsibilities for general infrastructure support and will be expected to take on various other duties as required to support the success of the overall WMG IS team. We are committed to investing in people, equipment and processes to promote innovation in a technology driven environment. Windsor Mold offers a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits, a company matched pension and generous holidays and vacation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: DevOps Leader
- Secondary Support for Emergent Issues: General Manager ERP & IS Operations
- Network – LAN: manages routers, switches, and other network infrastructure associated with LANs, maintains LAN documentation and network diagrams, monitors performance and acts proactively to correct LAN related incidents & problems using advanced tools for analyzing networks
- Network - WAN and Internet: manages and maintains routers, firewalls, and other network infrastructure; maintains documentation and network diagrams, monitors performance and acts proactively to correct incidents & problems using advanced tools for analyzing networks
- Secureworks and Firewalls: monitors and maintains Secureworks system, including the firewalls and various security applications, oversees the Secureworks vendor activities, and responds to tickets from Secureworks
- Telcom – VOIP: provides support for performance and stability of WMG VOIP systems, and acts proactively to implement corrective actions for the prevention of incidents and problems resulting from network and systems hardware, software or configuration issues
- Serves as the WMG network subject matter expert and second level support for network related incidents, problems and performance issues that occur in any layer of the OSI model.
- Designs WAN/LAN and VOIP system technology roadmaps to minimize single points of failure in wired/wireless TCP/IP networks, and leads implementation of new technology in accordance with the prescribed budget, including oversight of vendors and service providers; maintenance of accurate records and diagrams, and coordination of activities between related networks, providers and services to ensure stability, performance and cost value
- Assists in the monitoring and support of wireless WAN/LAN interfacing, and plant based wireless infrastructure from a network perspective, including the provision of improvements in next generation wireless band-steering technologies, fiber transceivers and patch panel termination options
- Plant Floor Systems: understands plant floor systems (such as controllers, monitoring, quality, tracking, etc), renders support to the plants for the IT components of their plant floor systems, participates in new installs and upgrades, monitors plant floor systems for performance or capacity problems and acts proactively to remediate them
- Understands MS Exchange setup and email routing, MS Active Directory structure and access controls, and assists in the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems associated with network related email and domain controllers
- Installs and/or configures network interface cards in routers, switches, servers, PC’s and IoT devices, and assists in the monitoring and threshold throughput requirements for virtual and physical servers that rely on single or dual homed network services
- Provides a high level of onsite and remote support at selected WMG facilities and understands the specific networking needs of the needs of the plants; maintains documentation specific to the plants and provides details when asked, travels to the plants as required
- Responds to Service Desk tickets and other requests from the IS Service Desk, demonstrates end-to-end ownership of assigned tickets, processing of each ticket to conclusion in a timely and appropriate fashion, utilizes all components of ServiceNow appropriately, including asset updates, problems, incidents, changes, tasks, and the knowledge base
- Windows Clients: performs PC administration and maintenance, analyzes PC problems and finds effective solutions, maintains PC asset inventory and ServiceNow knowledge base for network related and VOIP incidents and problems
- Understands and maintains information security requirements for access to secure or otherwise confidential information of Windsor Mold Group, its customers and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in a relevant technical discipline, or a combination of a college diploma, relevant technical certifications, and related work experience
- Three years as a network administrator or network analyst or similar position with a degree, six years with a diploma. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Responsibilities require working occasional evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice, or in response to emergency network outages. Some travel will be required. Candidate must be able to drive, sit for long periods, walk around plants, climb stairs or ladders, occasionally bend and crawl to check cabling, and lift heavy computer equipment up to 15kg.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.