Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-06-02
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports To: ACD Tool Engineering Manager
- Provides communication to program management team and plant engineering team regarding all tool issues, timing concerns and status.
- Provides hands-on or supportive assistance to various plant locations including try-outs, tool improvement activities and tool failure events.
- Responsible for tool follow-up and timing on all new tool constructions.
- Responsible for coordinating tool design reviews and approvals per tooling gate system.
- Responsible for attending pre and post tryout meetings and complete tool rework sheet based on findings.
- Leads in strategic planning for tool designs, standards, procedures and sources.
- Involved with tool and manufacturing feasibilities for new programs to include cavitation, shrinkage, manifold systems, steel selection, mechanism designs, water, hydraulics and venting.
- Follow up with tool shops with respect to issues lists and deficiencies noted on each tool manufacturing project.
- Intermittent visitation and meetings with tool suppliers, receive weekly timelines and attend tool tryouts.
- Maintain historical evidence of reoccurrences of failures.
- Work safely in agreement with documented policy and procedures and Quality System.
- Eliminate problems through the use of problem solving techniques.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Two years (or higher) technical degree/diploma or equivalent work experience
- Ten years minimum Mold Maker experience
- Experience with OEM Problem Solving Disciplines and Systems an asset
- Understanding of mold build and repair costing
- Blue Print Reading with knowledge of GD&T required
- Formal knowledge of Scientific Molding concepts
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.