Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Program Manager - GM Business Unit
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-06-02
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Program Engineering Supervisor
- Create requests and prepare quotes, including tooling and internal cost sheets. Able to clearly identify assumptions within the quote.
- Know the different major types of plastics including their performance and requirements for injection molding. Understand basic injection molding processing and secondary manufacturing (i.e. tape, clips, foam etc.) Has a basic understanding of manufacturing methods (waste reduction, 5S, JIT, Poke Yoke).
- Follow the WM APQP Procedures and Gate (M&P) system. Keep system updates as required.
- Process engineering changes, internal changes and tooling changes, following proper procedures including creating Purchase Orders, obtaining PO numbers, and filling out requisitions.
- Kick off tools or equipment by issuing a tool kick off form and issues final release data to the tool builders.
- Fill out timesheets, understanding what hours and other costs are applicable to SRED, and understands how to identify potential programs for further submission.
- Manage customer engineering change process. Keeps customer system updated as well as internal systems (i.e. Ford-WERS, GM-EWO etc.)
- Manage customer temporary change system. Obtaining timely approvals and keeping internal systems up-to-date. (i.e. Ford Alerts, GM TEWO, etc.)
- Manage customer invoice requirements to ensure timely payment of tooling P.O.’s. (i.e. PPAP paperwork, Ford Tool Pix, GM VTAM.)
- Manage customer launch system requirements (i.e. Ford VPP, Schedule A, GM GQTS, SQRR, etc.)
- Support customer launch build events as required.
- Bachelors degree or diploma is required (Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting, or Business).
- A minimum of 3 years of automotive work experience, including experience as a program manager.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Strong technical and business aptitude.
- Good financial background.
- Strong people management skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persistent attention to detail.
- Plastics background.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.