Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Weekend Shift - Spotter
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-03-23
The Tooling Division of Windsor Mold Group is actively seeking an experienced Spotter for our Continental Shift. The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Spotting Leader
- Preparation of components for spotting
- Spotting and fitting of components/mechanisms
- Spotting of parting lines
- Responsible to heat up and maintain temperature of jobs during spotting using water thermolator.
- Perform some handwork duties (master pockets, stone parting lines, open vents)
- Perform minor TIG welding as needed
- Understand different material properties and how that impacts the spotting process
- Understand draft angles and how they relate to the spotting process
- Perform wallstock lead checks
- Fitting and timing parting line straight locks
- Fitting and timing parting line pressure pads
- Surface grind running surfaces
- Must be able to work weekend shift ( Fri, Sat, Sun – 12 hours each day)
- There is a 20% per hour shift premium for days and a 25% shift premium for nights. Plus a 4 hour top on weeks that you work 36 hours.
- Minimum 3 years of mold spotting experience
- Comprehension of the vertical mill (Fly Cutting, Drilling, etc.)
- Knowledge of two shot compression
- Knowledge of icing line sealoff on lighting tools.
- Experience with multi-shot rotational tool spotting.
- Mold making experience is considered an asset
- Welding ability considered an asset
- Knowledge of tool build
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Attention to detail
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.