Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Security & Monitoring Support Technician
Division: Central Services | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Group
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-03-17
The Windsor Mold Group is currently seeking an experienced Security & Monitoring Support Technician.
The System Monitoring & Security Support Technician is responsible for support and maintenance of software and/or services for monitoring infrastructure using a variety of technologies. The technician provides support in information systems and networks that service users and systems, including email, data back-up, storage and data loss prevention to maintaining security posture on premises and in the cloud. In addition to monitoring for standards compliance and proactive response of Information Systems to support end-users as well as security administrators, the technician reports on system services thresholds, data stores, and advanced threat protection technologies to maintain and continuously improve Windsor Mold Group security posture. The technician is a member of the Security Incident Response Team or SIRT, and an integral member of Windsor Mold’s hybrid cloud team.
Windsor Mold Group is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Corp. Strat. WCIT & e-Security
- Manages and supports hardware, software, systems and services to ensure they are configured and maintained to provide accurate and timely data necessary for support of customer/supplier security postures.
- Configures and assists in managing systems that support remote monitoring and mobile device management to help establish more efficient monitoring and policing.
- Provide support for data security and information exchange using Microsoft on-prem and cloud based technologies, including MS Exchange and interfacing mail clients, and assist in the management of systems back-up and recovery.
- Responsible for ensuring the access and documentation to software and services important in providing real-time or near real-time metrics for use in helping to support IS Advanced Threat Response.
- Serve in the resolution of instances where information is found to be inaccurate, and oversees the mechanism to receive regular updates within reasonable time-frames to consistently ensure accuracy of results, including project and problem report reviews.
- Accurately collect and design monitoring strategies for various types of computer systems and services, which may require specialized training, expertise and familiarity with selected software and systems.
- Good knowledge of industry best practices for networking and server-based KPI’s for threshold monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft services and service monitoring, including the use of network complaint path monitoring, inspection techniques and ethical hacking protocols.
- Provides equipment and services profile information that aids in documenting approaches for preparedness of systems, including vulnerabilities, patch management strategies, authentication and identity management trust authorities important to WMG
- Understands and maintains information security requirements for access to secure or otherwise confidential information of Windsor Mold Group, its customers and suppliers
- Act in compliance with the company Health & Safety policies and procedures including any applicable legislation
- Notify the appropriate personnel of any situation or condition that may contribute to product or system non-conformity
- Comply with the Environmental Policy and contribute to its goals and objectives accordingly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent, and an industry certification that includes security measures monitoring or control (e.g. Comp TIA – Security, ethical hacking, etc.,)
- Basic principles in system support and error detection, including networking monitoring.
- One to three years demonstrated experience in a systems administrator and/or network support capacity, where exposure to system monitoring played a proactive role in support and service needs.
- The candidate is required to be fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. There is value in the candidate also being able to communicate in Spanish.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Some travel will be required
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.