Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Mold Making Build Group Leader
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-03-12
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day operations of the Mold Making group including:
- Scheduling and planning activity;
- Task assignments to team members on all shifts;
- Monitoring job status and ensuring accuracy of the schedule;
- Approve team member labor transactions;
- Ensure time is booked accurately to required projects;
- Monitoring hourly budgets to achieve productivity goals;
- Oversee quality of all mold making activity;
- Set clear goals for the team;
- Help motivate team members;
- Leverage team member strengths and help develop weaknesses;
- Tool Build Scheduling:
- Use EPICOR and ShopVue as a tool to monitor the progress of the tool;
- Enforce scheduling compliance within the group and the entire department;
- Estimate hours for tasks as required;
- Monitor overall tool timing
- Awareness of progress and completion in the Machining Department
- Meeting Attendance:
- Post Tryout & Change Kickoff Meetings
- Design Reviews (Manufacturing Launch)
- Daily Planning Meeting
- Engage Machining and APG to report, document and reschedule any quality issues.
- Epic submissions for all quality and timing impacts.
- Schedule and approve group member vacations.
- Follow all WM checklist documentation procedures.
- Provide leadership to all team members in the mold making group including, training, development, performance management, and discipline
- Support continuous improvement efforts in Mold Making, Spotting, Handwork, and Prep as well as cross functionally in Engineering and Machining;
- Demonstrates teamwork, leadership and mentorship skills necessary for developing effective and productive teams and ensuring high employee morale;
- Attends tryouts at customer facilities to support, troubleshoot and repair plastic injection molds
- Is widely seen as trusted and operating with integrity;
- Demonstrates knowledge on the customer, the commodity
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for their work
- Mold Making Certificate required
- 10 yrs. minimum mold making experience in a progressive, dynamic environment.
- 3 yrs. experience in leading plastic injection tool manufacturing is considered an asset
- Experience leading teams and driving continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills with MS Office & some CAD software
- Strong communication skill with all levels within and outside the organization
- Project management experience considered an asset
- Experience assessing manufacturing processes and driving improvements
- Process oriented
- Time management skills
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
- Strong technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.