Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Supplier Quality & Systems Engineer
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-02-04
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of internal audit program which includes conducting audits at plants to meet IATF16949 requirements as well as additional focus audits to maintain plant performance and follow up to ensure continuing effectiveness of corrective actions, escalation as needed
- Reporting of audit findings and uploads to Registrar database of required evidence
- Aid plants in robust systemic responses and follow up to ensure effectiveness
- Responsible for ACD document control and overall plant document uploads
- Supplier audits as needed per schedule
- Creation & issue of quarterly scorecards to all production suppliers based on plant submitted feedback.
- Work with jointly with purchasing group to determine critical suppliers and supplier audit needs and maintain the approved supplier list
- Assists plants with all escalated supplier quality/delivery concerns and new program support.
- Attend customer warranty return part reviews to determine fault and potential cost allocation
- Coordination of returned part analysis with plants/program management and completion of root cause & problem solving documentation as required
- Regular downloading, analysis and reporting of customer warranty data
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Four year (or higher) technical or business degree or equivalent work experience
- Lead Auditor to ISO/IATF 16949 with Supplier auditor certification
- Understanding Quality Core Tools (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC) is required
- Understanding of manufacturing, injection molding and assembly processes
- Knowledge of customer warranty systems and expectations is as asset
- Above average communication and time management skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel within North America
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.