Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-20
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Business Development Manager
- The Program Manager is responsible for acting as liaison between the production and the customer to ensure that required information for APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), timing, specifications and cost are met.
- Manage assigned programs/ customers from tool kick-off through life of Program
- Daily communication with Customers and WMG Engineering/ Manufacturing teams to resolve technical issues related to part and tool designs, open issues, part concessions, feasibility, timelines, etc.
- Ownership of timing with Internal follow-up to ensure delivery commitments and customer requirements are met – to include: daily review of DLR, ensuring tool progress is tracking on time through all manufacturing phases, daily PM task updates and Milestone Updates
- Schedule and obtain phased design approvals with customer
- Schedule and attend tool tryouts and issue work orders to shop through tool de-bugging stage – identify all issues noticed at tryouts so they can be addressed first time around – even if customer did not see/identify as an issue from the outset
- Complete Tool Completion List (including scorecard)
- Manage tool budget – weekly review of budgets on all active tools – ensure tools are within budget
- Quote engineering changes, obtain POs and kick-off of changes
- Attend monthly PM meetings to review the PM KPIs and report out on Tool Budgets
- Attend weekly Production Meetings
- Demonstrates knowledge on the customer, the commodity, and the specific job
- Follows, adjusts, and helps maintain accurate and effective schedule
- Is widely seen as trusted and operates with integrity. Treats others with respect.
- Has the ability to plan ahead, set and communicate team objectives.
- Strives to improve employee morale.
- Actively encourages teamwork and collaboration with all members of the team.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with all team members.
- Responsible to work effectively with a variety of people to lead projects to fruition.
- Demonstrates developed problem solving skills including soliciting input from team members.
- Possess a complete & comprehensive knowledge of an ERP system as it pertains to the financial, schedule tracking & reporting requirements.
- 7-10 years in a Program Management or Engineering Leader Capacity
- Experienced in two shot rotary tools
- 5-7 years of experience in designing or leading tools
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and direct others appropriately
- Accountable, takes ownership and responsibility for their work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal & electronic
- Promote and facilitate positive communication and support management decision with and between all employees and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be timely, responsive and demonstrate problem solving capability
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Possess sound financial and business insights
- Consistently demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Be a team player, team leader and positive force
- Developed conflict management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Engineering and / or Mold Making experience
- Possess a valid Passport with no restrictions on travel and able to legally work in the United States (WM will sponsor work visa as required)
- To work flexible hours and be available to customers and shop on off hours
- Ability to operate / navigate part design using CAD design software
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Shall be accessible to team and other departments as required to solve problems and impart information.
- Utilize the “ABC” decision making process
- Ensure performance of any other reasonable request from management.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.