Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Operations Manager - World Class Manufacturing
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-13
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of manufacturing best practices, principles, and techniques throughout the Automotive Components Division in order to drive operational excellence.
- Responsible for developing prioritized plans with respect to continuous improvement opportunities at all facilities.
- Responsible for developing measurables with respect to Continuous Improvement, including objectives, targets, tracking and the development and maintenance of visual management systems.
- Develops programs (including training and implementation plans), and champions events which will collectively promote, educate and involve employees with the Lean foundations of Teamwork, 5S, Kaizen, Standardization, Waste Reduction, Value Stream mapping, Total Predictive Maintenance, and other Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Reviews processes throughout the organization in order to identify improvement opportunities, and then develops activities and implements actions for improvement.
- Manages a Six Sigma program with an emphasis on training, problem solving, process improvement, and waste reduction including tracking and reporting measureable results.
- Act as in-house coach and mentor to managers, supervisors and employees in all segments of the organization to assist in the improvement of the organization.
- Acts as Champion for the development and maintenance of an Employee Suggestion program.
- Acts as the knowledge expert responsible for lean manufacturing techniques, ensuring comprehension of the tools and their use, by employing best practices, continuously promoting employee involvement and developing ongoing training initiatives.
- Champions improvement efforts with respect to technical resources/expertise and related processes and systems.
- University level education in an engineering discipline.
- Professional Lean Manufacturing training/education.
- Senior Management Experience in an Injection Molding Manufacturing Environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent training abilities.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.