Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-12
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers.
The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a positive and safe working environment through individual and team leadership support, along with communication, direction, and employee development.
- Provides information and advice to employees, deals with people tactfully in a calm and controlled fashion, while ensuring business needs are met.
- Evaluates employee performance and provides timely and constructive feedback to employees or individuals and/or team members.
- Provides direction, leadership and motivation to his or her direct reports.
- Promotes and ensures positive relations with Customers and Vendors.
- Aids in determining workforce requirements.
- Ensures performance goals for department are established and met.
- Recognizes and makes recommendations for systems improvement, reaches decisions quickly based on available information, responds promptly to employee needs and concerns and gives forethought to the consequences of decisions and actions.
- Accountable for preparation and development of costing analysis for future programs, and on-time quotation responses through planning, organizing, and scheduling work assignments with the team and engaging supporting groups.
- Guides Estimating Engineers through daily tasks while promoting leadership and ensuring good discipline and processes are followed.
- Supports Program Management and Sales Group in quotation requirements of new products or new products under development.
- Initializes new programs in APQP system, lead role in APQP Gate 1 meeting and introduction of APQP team to initial customer documentation, quote details, and assumptions.
- Primary Engineering contact to customer during quotation phase, lead role in presentation of Technical Reviews.
- Trains Estimating Engineer as required.
- Maintains focus on meeting Marketing Goals and Objectives thru daily quoting activities.
- Lead cost reduction activities both internally and with the customer.
- All other duties as assigned by ACD Advanced Engineering Manager
- Three years (or higher) technical degree/diploma.
- Five - ten years of supervisory/management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Outstanding conflict and resolution skills
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven team building and strong leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook and MS Office tools
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.