Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-12
The Automotive Components Division is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers.
The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains consistent operating procedures for the purchasing, shipping, receiving, warehouse, material handling and scheduling functions and ensures adherence to these procedures.
- Works directly with Plant Manager to help provide supervision, support and management of plant MP&L Manager and department. This includes employee selection, training, development, mentoring, assessment and discipline as required.
- Pro-actively investigates, learns, prepares and implements solutions to inventory, delivery, cost and quality issues.
- Work closely with and support plants to ensure involvement in systems Management Review, APQP, PPAP, CPI, customer and supplier issues, cost improvements.
- Maintain corporate goals and objectives through plant, equipment, and human resource development plans, financial and cost objectives, quality performance measurables, continuous improvement objectives, and health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Directs and supports plant MP&L Managers via inventory management processes and audits.
- Develops strong communication links with customers relating to shipping requirements including containers, cardboard, quantities and timing.
- Supports the plant MP&L Managers in directing the preparation of specifications as to quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of supplies, components and materials to meet production schedules.
- Ensure discipline and accountability is in place and maintained.
- Establishment and communication of corporate objectives and targets.
- Ensure effectiveness of Management Review System.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned or required.
- Engineering degree, MBA or a combination of education and work experience required
- Ten years senior management experience
- Automotive experience as a Tier One automotive supplier required
- Plastics experience is beneficial
- Union experience beneficial
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.