Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-12
The Automotive Components Division of Windsor Mold Group is currently seeking candidates for Purchasing Manager.
The Automotive Components Division (ACD) is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers.
The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Windsor Mold provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all production purchases for WMG ACD, including selecting suppliers, negotiating contacts and pricing.
- Responsible for all capital purchases for WMG ACD.
- Work closely with and support plants to ensure involvement in systems Management Review, APQP, PPAP, CPI, customer and supplier issues, cost improvements.
- Maintain corporate goals and objectives through plant, equipment, and human resource development plans, financial and cost objectives, quality performance measurables, continuous improvement objectives, and health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Maximize company profits. Ensure targeted goals are established and maintained. All cost areas are within budgeted parameters.
- Ensure discipline and accountability is in place and maintained.
- Aid in training/orientation/support of the plant and divisional purchasing team as required
- Establishment and communication of corporate objectives and targets.
- Ensure effectiveness of Management Review System.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned or required.
- Engineering degree, MBA or a combination of education and work experience required
- Ten years senior management experience
- Automotive experience as a Tier One automotive supplier required
- Plastics experience is beneficial
- Union experience beneficial
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.