Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Tooling Engineering Technician
Division: Automotive Components | Plant Name: Emrick Plastics
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-12
Come join us! The Automotive Components Division of Windsor Mold Group is a full service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. We offer a great work environment offering industry-competitive pay and benefits.
We currently have an opening at our Emrick Plastics facility in Windsor, ON for a Tooling Engineering Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Plant Tooling Manager for daily review and maintenance of injection molds.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve any ongoing production and launch related tooling issues
- Develop and Maintain specific preventative tooling maintenance programs and overall maintenance of our tooling systems and procedures to align with the company standards.
- A working understanding of manifold systems, steel selection and finishes, mechanism designs, water, hydraulics and venting.
- Ability to complete in press handwork or mechanical repairs when feasible.
- Follow up with outsources when required on repairs or maintenance with respect to issues lists and deficiencies noted on each tool manufacturing project.
- Maintain historical evidence of reoccurrences of failures.
- Provide feedback and lesson learnt for tooling standards best practices.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Minimum of 5 years Mold Maker (431A) experience.
- 2 year or higher technical diploma or equivalent an asset
- Experience with OEM Problem Solving Disciplines and Systems an asset.
- Understanding of mold build and repair timing.
- Blue Print reading with knowledge of GD&T required
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.