Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Senior Mold Designer
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2021-01-07
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our growing team thriving in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Engineering Leader / Engineering Manager
- Working with the assigned Design Group Leader and Surface Modeler using NX11 software to develop 3D solid model tool designs to manufacture plastic injection molds
- For complex projects, designs the cooling, ejection, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- For smaller projects, completes the surface modeling also
- Assists in leading the Mold Flow Analysis stage
- Coordinates the Hot Runner Design procurement & approval
- Publishes the BOM to the ERP for purchasing of job materials
- Issues files to the manufacturing group
- Designs to internal best practice standards for “Design for Manufacturability” and contributes towards development of new “Lean Manufacturing” methods
- Coordinates with the design team to complete the design within the job’s milestones and within budget.
- Mentors junior staff
- Above average technical aptitude and knowledge of mold design
- High standard of professionalism and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and responsibility for one’s work
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability
- Demonstrated results-driven detail oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork
- Senior: 10 years’ experience required
- Education in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree) considered an asset
- Preferred experience in plastics or injection mold industry with 2 shot rotary mold exposure.
- NX experience considered an asset
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.