Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Machining Operations Manager
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2020-12-10
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: General Manager
- Responsible for the performance of the Machining and Advanced Planning departments.
- Responsible for the utilization and productivity of machines and equipment for the Machining department.
- Oversees and supports the continuous improvement projects related to the development of the Machining/Advanced Planning departments.
- Report and analyze Key Performance Indicators for the development of the Machining/Advanced Planning departments.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of teams and of processes.
- Responsible for supporting production related issues or problems, as needed to achieve departmental objectives.
- Manage and lead employee development within the Machining/Advanced Planning departments.
- Support the establishment, management and measurement of yearly goals set out for the Machining department.
- Review and measure consumable tooling costs for each of the machining centres in the Machining departments.
- Represent and support H.R for activities related to the Machining/Advanced Planning department (i.e. performance reviews, interviews, disciplinary action, etc.).
- Provide technical support to assist with troubleshooting machining related problems with internal/external maintenance teams.
- Represent and support I.S with any machining related requests or investigations.
- Strong machining background including 2d, 3d, and EDM experience.
- Good understanding of plastic injection molds, and mold components.
- Extensive knowledge with cad cam software.
- Extensive knowledge of various NC controllers.
- Strong project management skillset.
- Possess a strong ability to follow through regardless of any setbacks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for data driven analysis and results.
- Strong background using MS office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, and reliable.
- Previous leadership experience in an asset.
- Previous Management experience is an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education is an asset.
- Expected Hours of Operation: The expected hours of operation would fall between the 48 and 52 hour range depending on workload and necessity.
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.