Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2020-10-30
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Machining/APG Manager
- Capable of leading the day to day operations of the CMM group and managing the CMM production schedule to drive productivity through the CMM group. Works in conjunction with CMM team to ensure task completion and quality of work.
- Adjust work process when necessary to meet production schedules and optimize work flow through the CMM ensuring sufficient resources are available to complete tasks in the time frame required.
- Programming and operation of a CMM, using UniGraphics (NX) and CALYPSO software;
- Experienced in measurement strategies (i.e. compression verifications, GD&T analysis for accurate mold measurement);
- Ability to interpret measurement information/GD&T information for mold quality confirmation;
- Able to act as a technical leader and people leader for the CMM group;
- Uses KPI’s to identify performance gaps and leads the team to close these gaps;
- Has a focus of the needs of the customer and drives for results.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are as per Windsor Mold standards including promoting Health and Safety as a priority.
- Provide Machining/APG Manager feedback for any schedule issues or conflicts. Works with other functional group leaders to support CMM initiatives for their department in support of business goals.
- Work with other departments to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and to the desired level of quality.
- Utilizing a range of measurement equipment and automation including laser scanning;
- Preparing inspection reports and colour maps for internal and external use;
- Reporting results to relevant departments;
- Interacting with Customers on QC related matters;
- Developed interpersonal team skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for their work
- Good organization and communication skills
- Developed problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Attendance and punctuality
- Observes all safety policies
- Ability to adapt in an ever changing technology driven environment
- An understanding of industry standards for coordinate metrology
- An understanding of calibration concepts
- Able to work swing shifts
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Basic Microsoft Windows/Office skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and GD&T
- An understanding of scheduling concepts
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Previous CAD and metrology experience
- Experience with NX and CALYPSO software
- Background in plastic injection molds for the automotive industry
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.