Job Listing - Windsor Mold Group
EDM Lead Hand
Division: Tooling | Plant Name: Windsor Mold Malden
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada | Posted Date: 2020-10-07
The Windsor Mold Group Tooling Division has been providing quality tooling solutions since 1972. Come join our team growing in a technology driven environment committed to investing in people, equipment and processes. Windsor Mold offers competitive wages, overtime after 40 hours, company matched pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation & holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, tuition subsidies, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: EDM Leader
- Assist EDM Leader to schedule and coordinate with Mold Leaders and Machining Leaders, according to the Master shop schedule.
- Assign work orders and duties to the appropriate operators as required by EDM Leader and defined by the schedule.
- Ensure that all workpieces are correctly and completely finished in an effective and timely matter.
- Ensure equipment maintenance procedures are followed reporting any issues or concerns to the EDM Leader
- Adjust work process as required by EDM Leader to meet production schedules. I.e.: rescheduling of machines to accommodate last minute and repair work pieces.
- Collaborates and fosters team work with entire Machining Department to manage operational issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively pursue and retrieve information, work pieces, and any other critical items to ensure increased productivity in the department as defined by the EDM Leader
- Notify EDM Leader and Machining Manger of any machine malfunctions, as well as assist or accomplish coordination of repairs and maintenance as required.
- Ensure coworkers follow all standards and processes provided by Windsor Mold, Machining Manager, and EDM Leader.
- Consistently takes ownership of quality and quantity of work produced by department
- Leading by example.
- Report any foreseeable idle times to EDM Leader to increase utilization
- Assist EDM Leader in any training, personnel and technical developments as required.
- Demonstrates developed problem solving skills including soliciting input from team members.
- Provide support to all areas of the EDM department including carbon machining, sinker, wire, and design.
- 5+ years in EDM Machining Experience
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management abilities
- Proven accountability and ability to take responsibility for their own work
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Observes all safety policies and regulations
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing, technology driven environment
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Basic Microsoft Windows / Office skills
Sign up with your email and we will keep you up to date on new job openings at Windsor Mold Group.